Information for Students

Welcome to Ignite Colleges, where every international student finds their path to success. Below you'll find essential resources and guidance tailored to make your academic journey as enriching and seamless as possible.

Student Support

You will be well supported by our friendly team at Student Support. They can help you settle in and provide you with advice on living and making the most of your studies in New Zealand. You will also be provided details for a 24/7 contact person for any urgent support you may require. Please refer to the student handbook for details.

Helpful Agencies/ Organisations/ Services

If you would like to find out about other help available, please contact Citizens Advice Bureau. Their lovely staff will help you find what you’re looking for and they have an onsite Justice of the Peace, who can verify copies of important documents. Phone 0800 367222.

If you choose to rent a house by yourself, or share a rental property with other people (“go flatting”), you will have to sign a contract or lease. If you have any questions about your rights and regulations as a tenant, call the tenancy phone line: Call 0800 TENANCY (0800 83 62 62). Language support is available.

Youth Line

For free answers to your legal questions phone 0800 UTHLAW (884 529).

East Tamaki Healthcare (ETHC)

For medical assistance handy to our campus phone 09-264 1640.

New Zealand Policy Updates

Keep up-to-date with the latest policy changes. We’ve taken care to ensure these summaries are accurate, but please contact Immigration New Zealand for the most up-to-date information. No more cash or EFTPOS! All Immigration New Zealand onshore branches and most offshore branches no longer accept cash or EFTPOS as a form of payment for application fees. For payment options, check out the office and fees finder at

Work While You Study

You’re allowed to work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) if you are an international student studying level 5 and above courses at Ignite Colleges and full-time during Summer school holidays. Some students studying a level 3 or 4 qualification may be entitled to 20 hours per week work rights only if their qualification is directly relevant to an occupation at ANZSCO skill level 3 or below.

CLICK HERE to read the latest from Immigration New Zealand about working while you study. Ignite Colleges will work with you for FREE to help you get a great job.

Graduate Work Permits

Once you’ve successfully graduated from Ignite Colleges you can apply for a 12-month Graduate Work Permit. CLICK HERE to find out all the details! What’s more, you don’t have to line up in queues at Immigration New Zealand anymore.

Complaints Procedure

Ignite Colleges has a set procedure to resolve complaints. We will work to resolve all complaints. If this is unable to be resolved satisfactorily we will include the GM or Directors of Ignite Colleges. Full details can be found in the student handbook.